The Camping and Caravanning Club will welcome campers through to the end of the year. Ten Club Sites in the UK will remain open until early January, while 16 more are open all year-round.
Many of these Club Sites are also holding special events to help campers make the most of the festive period.
Darren Whittington, Director of Operations, said: “More Club Members are choosing to camp later in the year and we are extending our site opening periods to accommodate this.
“The Club is committed to ensuring all our sites are well-equipped for winter touring so that they can continue to stay open throughout the entire year.”
What’s more, a number of Club Sites are also embracing the spirit of Christmas. Mulled wine and mince pies will be served at both Blackmore (Worcestershire) and Boroughbridge (North Yorkshire) on Christmas Eve.
Darren added: “Our Club Sites offer a warm, Friendly Club welcome where campers will be able to really get into the Christmas spirit.”
The Club also has several sites close to Christmas markets that are perfect for a mid-winter break and shopping for gifts, such as Salisbury, Canterbury and Oxford.
Camping in the Forest, one of the Club’s brands, also has four sites across the UK that are open year-round. These include Bracelands (Forest of Dean), Setthorns (New Forest), Glenmore (Cairngorms National Park) and Postern Hill (Savernake Forest).
In addition to the Christmas camping opportunities, there are several Club Site events for Halloween. The Site Team at Winchcombe in Gloucestershire is hosting a number of Halloween-themed events throughout the October half-term. A spooky treasure hunt, a ‘pimp-your-pumpkin’ session, and a competition for the spookiest site pitch are just some of the activities to expect.
The following sites are open throughout the year:
• Blackmore, Worcestershire
• Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
• Canterbury, Kent
• Chertsey, Surrey
• Conkers, Derbyshire
• Delamere Forest, Cheshire
• Devizes, Wiltshire
• Hertford, Hertfordshire
• Keswick, Cumbria
• Kingsbury Water Park, West Midlands
• Loch Ness Shores, Scotland
• Moffat, Scotland
• Oxford, Oxfordshire
• Tavistock, Devon
• Teversal, Nottinghamshire
• Theobalds Park, Hertfordshire
Club Sites with extended opening include:
• Bellingham, Northumberland: Closes 5 January 2020
• Braithwaite Fold, Lake District: Closes 2 January 2020
• Cheddar, Somerset: Closes 5 January 2020
• Derwentwater, Lake District: Closes 2 January 2020
• Polstead, Suffolk: Closes 6 January 2020
• Salisbury, Wiltshire: Closes 3 January 2020
• Sandringham, Norfolk: Closes 6 January 2020
• Scone, Perthshire: Closes 2 January 2020
• Winchcombe, Gloucestershire: Closes 6 January 2020
• Windermere, Lake District: Closes 14 January 2020
For more information on all of the winter camping on UK Club Sites visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/year-round-sites.