A holiday park has had an electrical refurbishment thanks to specialist utility contractor Rolec Services, which installed high-voltage supplies and a park-wide lighting system.
The electrical refurbishment contract at Inverbeg Holiday Park, a site located on the banks of Loch Lomond in Scotland, was issued by Luss Estates directly to Rolec and included the design and installation of:
- A new centrally located 500kVA high voltage ground mounted transformer supply
- The construction of a building to house the high voltage transformer, as well as the LV metering and distribution switchgear
- The design and installation of a new park-wide low voltage electrical distribution system
- The installation of just under 200 x MID certified metered electrical hook-up supplies for the park’s caravans, holiday pods and bungalow-sized log cabins
- The design and installation of a park encompassing lighting system to include 56 x low level Sauro LED energy efficient lights and a photocell-controlled management system
- The installation of new electricity and gas supplies to the park’s buildings, including offices, shops, laundries, water and sanitation pump stations, and security barriers.
- The design and installation of an entire park-wide underground gas pipe system complete with a high capacity, centralised gas tank hub.
- The design and construction of a British Standards specification gas compound, featuring concrete pad, security fencing, authorised access gates, crash protection barriers and firefighting facilities.
- The installation of just under 200 x metered gas connection units for the park’s caravans, pods and log cabins
- The transfer of the park’s caravans, pods and log cabins from existing electricity and gas systems to the newly installed ones
Rolec – specialist utility contractor to the caravan park, marina and electric vehicle charging industries – also carried out all of the testing and certification work required for the project.
Martin Georgeson, Rolec’s Leisure division Sales Director commented, “The turnkey project at Inverbeg Holiday Park has gone like clockwork from beginning to end and, according to Luss Estates, has exceeded all expectations.
“In addition to managing everything from initial systems design work, groundworks, building construction, HV & LV electrical systems, and the gas network, we also implemented and managed the construction site’s Health & Safety and Subcontractor induction programme.
“With Rolec firmly established as the UK’s leading, largest and most comprehensive specialist in leisure park utility systems we are comfortably able to provide nationwide multi-park utility management solutions - as well as project manage park developments of any size.”